Friday 12 July 2013

Mad(e) for each other : Part1



My name is Sitaram. Some people call me as Ram and some call me as Sita. I am an orphan. I was brought up in a missionary hostel in Mysore and with lot of difficulties I completed my Engineering in computer science. I was able to get decent marks in my B.E. As per the rules of the missionary, one cannot stay after 22 years and today I completed my 22 years. Just because of my education. I have requested the missionary father to grant me additional 6 months so that I can get a job based on my qualifications. But even after 6 months, I could not get any job. Then church father gave the details of one of our seniors in the hostel and asked me to meet him in Bangalore and suggested I can stay with him till I get the job.
He mentioned he has already spoken about me to him. His name is Raghu Ram and he is 27 years old. He is working in a senior role in one of the Top IT MNC. As suggested, I packed my bags and with heavy emotions I left the hostel and reached Bangalore. It was the first time for me in Bangalore and with little savings that I had by working as a part time in coffee day, reached the Raghu Ram’s house. The house is very far from city as it is close to his office. Raghu Ram welcomed me happily and asked me to be comfortable till I get the job. He owns a flat in a posh apartment and it is 3 bhk. He asked me to take one room. As I do not have much luggage, I was comfortable in any house. After coming from hostel, the house is like a luxury to me and felt very relaxed.
For me it is a new life coming out from hostel. I was very good at studies and always in the top 5 in the class. I am about 5.3ft, fair in complexion and very slim. Once in around 8th standard, I remember played a female character in hostel drama. From that day, my interest to wear female clothes increased, but it was always in my heart and had not shared with anyone as I felt insecure to share with anyone.
Its really struggling period for me in Bangalore for the first two months as I could not get any job or any calls. Every day I used to meet consultants, but nothing was moving. Surprisingly, one day in afternoon at around 1.30 PM, Raghu called on my mobile and asked where I was? It was really surprising as he never asks these questions. I just mentioned that I am on the way after meeting consultant. Immediately, he asked me meet one person and gave the details and address. They are looking for fresh engineers and asked me to give a try. Immediately without thinking of lunch, I reached there in 30 mins. There are so many people and my turn for the interview came at around 4.30 PM, though I was very exhausted, I have answered all the questions and they asked me to wait at the reception. I got a call at around 6.00 for an HR round. Everything went on well. As it was startup company, everything was very fast. After finishing the HR round, they asked me to leave for the day. Next day in the morning I got a call that I have been selected and got the job with a package of Rs.180,000 per annum. It was a big amount for me considering my back ground. I have thanked Raghu and requested for one more  month to stay. He smiled at me and said, I need not go anywhere and can stay here till the time I wanted. Though I do not know how to say thanks, I just kissed his hand and said “thanks for all the help”.

1 comment:

  1. nice stories, and concepts. keep continuing writing. you are talented..i really liked

    ReplyDelete